library_booksTerms & Conditions
1: The Promoter
The promoter is: Top Gear Autos NI LTD, trading as McKinney Competitions, Company Number NI667309 and whose registered office is at 18, Charlemont Road, Moy, BT717HQ.
Our correspondence address is McKinney Competitions, Unit 6, Hamilton Business Park, 132, Tamnamore road, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, BT716HW
If you wish to contact us for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02837998210.
2: The Competition
2.1 These terms and conditions apply to all competitions listed on the Promoter’s website at www.mckinneycompetitions.com the “Website”
2.2 All competitions are skill-based competitions, and an entry fee is payable each time you enter.
2.3 To be in with a chance of winning, everyone who enters the competition an “Entrant” will be required to correctly answer a question or solve a problem set by the Promoter the “Competition Question”.
3: How To Enter
3.1 The competition will run from and including the opening and closing dates specified on the Website. These dates shall be referred to as the "Opening Date" and "Closing Date" respectively. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in London, England.
3.2 If it is absolutely necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to change the Opening and Closing Dates. If the Promoter does change the Opening Date and/or the Closing Date of a competition, the new details will be displayed on the Website.
3.3 All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the specified time on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the specified time on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified and no refunds will be given.
3.4 The maximum number entries to the competition will be stated on the Website. The number of entries you are able to make may be limited if the maximum number of entries is reached.
3.5 To enter the competition:
- (a) go to the Website and view the Competition Question;
- (b) complete and submit the online entry form; then
- (c) purchase the required number of entries; then
- (d) when you have purchased your entries, submit your answer to the Competition Question.
3.6 All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will automatically be disqualified and no refund will be given.
3.7 The Promoter will send confirmation that your entry has been received and confirm whether or not your answer to the Competition Question is correct.
3.8 The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully completed, are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
3.9 By purchasing entries and submitting a competition entry, you are entering into a contract with the Promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3.10 You may enter the competition for free by complying with the following conditions:
- (a) send your entry by first class post on a non enclosed postcard to the Promoter at the following address: McKinney Competitions, Unit 6, Hamilton Business Park, 132 Tamnamore road, Dungannon, BT716HW;
- (b) include with your entry the following information:
- (i) The competition you wish to enter;
- (ii) Your full name and postal address;
- (iii) Telephone number and email address; and
- (iv) your answer to the Competition Question.
- (c) incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified;
- (d) you may make multiple free entries for any competition (up to any limit placed on entries by the Promoter) but each free entry must be submitted and posted to the Promoter separately. Bulk entries in one envelope will not be accepted as multiple entries and if a bulk entry is received, it will be counted as one single entry;
- (e) by entering the competition, you are confirming that you are eligible to enter and accept these terms and conditions;
- (f) your entry must be received by the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the random draw;
- (g) the Promoter will not acknowledge receipt of your entry nor confirm if your answer to the Competition Question is correct;
- (h) if the number of paid entries reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not be entered into the random draw.
- (i) any hand delivered entries will not be processed.
4: Choosing A Winner
4.1 All Entrants who correctly answer the Competition Question will be placed into a draw and the winner will be chosen by random draw. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, within 7 days of the Closing Date "Draw Date".
4.2 The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address of the Promoter set out in clause 1 above.
4.3 For help with entries, please email us at email@example.com
5.1 The competition is only open to all residents in the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 years or over, except:
- (a) employees of the Promoter;
- (b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- (c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
5.2 By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. If you fail to provide the Promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
5.3 The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- (a) automatically generated by computer;
- (b) incomplete or for incomplete registered account
5.4 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition. Any entrant deemed to be rude or offensive to our staff or other entrants on social media, via telephone or in person will be disqualified from entry and may ultimatley be banned from future entry to promotions
5.5 No refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
- (a) if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim the Prize;
- (b) if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming the Prize changes and you are no longer eligible; or
- (c) if you are disqualified from the competition by the Promoter for any reason.
5.6 Entries, including free entries, are limited to 10 per household per competition. Entries may be limited if the maximum number of entries for the competition is reached.
6: The Prize
6.1 The prize for the competition is described on the Website the “Prize”. Details of the Prize are, to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the Opening Date.
6.2 Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the Prize change, the Promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
6.3 The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the Prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the Website. The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provide on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
6.4 The Prize may be supplied by a third-party supplier the “Supplier”. Details of the Supplier (if any) will be provided on the Website.
6.5 For some competitions an alternative cash prize may be offered. In these circumstances, the winner may choose to accept the cash alternative instead of the advertised prize. The winner must inform the Promoter of their choice at the time they are notified that they are the winner.
6.6 The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
7.1 The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
7.2 The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Draw Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the Prize within 14 of days of the Draw Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
7.3 The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will [publish the surname and county of major prize winners on the Website.
7.4 If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Closing Date. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Claiming the Prize
8.1 You must claim the Prize personally. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. Details of how the Prize will be delivered to you, or made available for collection, are published on the Website.
8.2 If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the Promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the Promoter via email to email@example.com. Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 10 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
8.3 Any Cash Prize will be transferred directly to the winners nominated bank account. The winner must provide evidence that it is the sole or joint beneficiary of the bank account. Failure to do so within 14 days will result in disqualification from the competition and the winner forfeiting the prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
8.4 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if you are unable to or do not take up the prize.
9: Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
10: Data protection and publicity
10.2 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
10.3 If you do not wish to participate in any publicity, you must notify the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. This will not affect your chances of winning the Prize. If you do not agree to participate in any publicity about the competition, we may still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority. This is a legal requirement that we must comply with to prove that the competition has been properly administered and the Prize awarded.
10.4 If you are the winner of the competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the Prize and transfer ownership of the Prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the Prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition and forfeit the Prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
10.5 Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the Promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request, you will be withdrawing from the competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the competition. If you do not wish any of your personal details to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes, please email the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Closing Data.
11.1 The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the Website.
11.2 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition and any future competitions.
11.3 The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
11.4 The competitions on the Website are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering the competitions, Entrants agree that Facebook has no liability and is not responsible for the administration or promotion of the competitions.
11.5 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
11.6 You should print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep them for your records.
12: Additional clauses where the prize is a house, flat or other property.
1. All Entrants are responsible for making their own enquiries and carrying out their own due diligence relating to the Prize, their eligibility to enter the competition, their rights and eligibility to take ownership of the Prize and their eligibility to enter or live in the country where the Prize is located etc. All costs, fees or expenses incurred by the Entrant in making such enquiries or carrying out such due diligence shall be the Entrant’s sole responsibility.
2. The winner of the Prize will be required to enter into a legally binding contract with either the Promoter or Supplier in order to transfer the legal title of the Prize to the winner. The terms of the contract are non-negotiable. If the winner refuses to sign or is unable to enter into any of the legal documents required to transfer ownership of the Prize to the winner within a reasonable time, the winner will be disqualified from the competition and the Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter will then be entitled to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
3. Due to the nature of the Prize, the date of transfer of ownership cannot be guaranteed but the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to complete the transfer of ownership as soon as reasonably possible.